A stop-motion animation film made in real time using robotics, technology, and intricately carved miniature sculptures.
Fulcrum includes elements of film, sculpture, animation, performance, and kinetic dioramas to create an installation accompanied by a mechanically played electric guitar.
In a darkened room, a large array of carved wooden scenes depict small town life.
In the middle of the scenes, a video camera on the end of a long robotic arm zooms in and out of the mechanically animated wooden scenes. In a second adjacent space, the robotic scenes are projected live onto a cinema screen. The non-stop-motion animation film created in real time by a robotic camera depicts a carved female wooden character on a train journey through Northern moors and towns.
"Very atmospheric, sets the imagination and memories whirring."Audience Member, Fulcrum
Fulcrum toured at:
- Junction, Goole, 19/09/2013 – 21/09/2013
- IOU Studio, Dean Clough Mills, 25/01/2014 – 22/02/2014
- The Civic, Barnsley, 02/07/2014 – 06/07/2014
- New Picture House, Dewsbury, 25/03/2015 – 28/03/2015
- Z-arts, Manchester, 23/06/2015 – 28/06/2015
- 20-21 Visual Arts Centre, Scunthorpe, 26/09/2015 – 03/10/2015